Monday, February 15, 2016

God is already working (Lent 1, Monday)

The people of God are the hands and feet of God in the world. 

We are "little Christs" bringing light into the darkness, bringing hope to the hopeless, bringing healing to the wounded and hurting and the broken. 

True Confessions: Statements like these scare me. When I think about them I begin to feel small and hopeless and powerless. I can even begin to wonder:

How can I be the light of Christ? My candle barely flickers.
How can I bring healing? There are many days when I can not see past my own wounds.
How can I bring hope? I could never admit how often I feel hopeless.

Then, of course, there is the question of where do I even begin.

The response to all of these fears and concerns is always the same. We do not bring God into the world. God is always here. God is always working. God is always healing.

We just have to open our eyes and hearts to see and join in.

A prayer for this day:



May I have vision and Courage to join God in the places [God's] already working rather than feel responsible for bringing [God] with me. 
~ Justin McRoberts

No comments:

Post a Comment